Add to Cart
Title: The Mighty Accordion
Format: Book + Online Audio
Description: The Mighty Accordion is a truly unique and much-needed guide to playing the bass side of the accordion. A comprehensive collection of progressive exercises guide the student in learning and mastering bass/chord patterns.
For the beginner, the first few chapters assume little or no knowledge of the instrument and teach how to play simple accompaniment patterns.
For the intermediate player, numerous exercises using the major, minor, seventh and diminished chords are included to develop skill in executing various bass/chord accompaniment patterns.
For the advanced player, latter chapters present exercises on chord combinations needed to play sixth, minor seventh, major seventh, ninth and other advanced chords.
Throughout the book, explanations are offered on the workings of the instrument and relevant music theory. Play along with online audio featuring many of the book's exercises played at both a slow and moderate tempo.
* A much-needed and complete guide to playing the bass side of the accordion
* A comprehensive collection of progressive exercises for learning bass/chord patterns on the accordion
* Beginner students learn simple accompaniment patterns and use of the major, minor and seventh chords
* Advanced students learn how to play sixth, minor and major sevenths and ninth chords, and other advance techniques
* Companion audio online feature many of the book's exercises.