|What is your warranty policy?|
|1. All new merchandise includes a factory warranty. Please inquire for details about each manufacturer's warranty. We will furnish the necessary documentation, including receipt, serial number, or delivery information upon request. Liberty Bellows is authorized to honor most factory warranties. In the event that Liberty Bellows is not able to repair a defective item, the customer will be responsible to contact the manufacturer to seek an alternate repair facility or ship the item to a factory facility. |
2. Used merchandise includes a store warranty. Liberty Bellows will service any material defects in the mechanics, body, or reed blocks for 6 months from purchase date. The warranty does not cover tuning or wearable items such as straps, gasket, bellows, or damage resulting from improper use, shipping, or adverse environmental conditions.
a) Exception -- Used electronic equipment including mics and midi features are NOT covered under the warranty, but new electronics installed by Liberty Bellows are covered by the manufacturer warranty.
3. All warranty repairs will be completed in our shop within 30 days of receipt. Liberty Bellows is not liable for loss of use of the instrument while is being repaired.
4. The customer is responsible for dropping off and picking up their accordions within 60 days of completion notification to avoid a monthly storage / casualty insurance charge of $25 per month. The customer is responsible for shipping to and from our shop and the carrier is responsible for damages occurring during transit.
|What is your repair policy?|
|1. Liberty Bellows will issue an estimate for any repair work. The costs will be in the context of any pricing ranges posted on the web site. We will verify any changes to the estimate in writing with the customer. A written estimate of repair work also includes an appraisal and the cost is $35 which will also serve as the base opening fee for the minimum repair fee. |
2. We strive to complete repairs within 30 days but in times of high volume, we appreciate your patience and cannot guarantee a repair time unless otherwise noted.
3. At the time the estimate is issued, at least 50% of the estimate will be paid with the remaining balance to be paid upon pickup or delivery.
4. At the time the estimate is issued, Liberty Bellows will indicate a "fair value" estimate of the item(s) at time of receipt. This price represents the maximum liability that Liberty Bellows would be able to purchase the item(s) in the unlikely event of loss, damages, or other claims.
5. Customers may chose to ship repairs to us. All repairs must be accompanied by a detailed written work order and a return shipping payment or voucher. The customer assumes all responsibility of shipping damages and agrees to abide by our "Shipping Policy" listed above.
|What services are performed on used accordions listed for sale?|
|With the exception of instruments labeled "Fixer Upper Instruments for Parts or Repair", all used instruments are reconditioned to be in the best possible playing condition with the following guidelines:|
1. All reeds are serviced so that they are playing at a consistent volume and tuning. Note that while most new accordions are tuned at A440hz, it is typical for used accordions to be tuned at A442hz for orchestras of the era. We always tune to the factory tuning (including musette detuning) but are happy to customize for an additional charge.
2. All keys and buttons are guaranteed to work smoothly without any sticking or mechanical problems.
3. Bellow compression is improved to be as tight as possible without any audible air leaks. It is typical for us to replace the gaskets and seal and leaks. Pad replacement is performed to correct any ciphers. Bellows patches are performed when there are exposed metal corners or cardboard.
4. Used instruments include used cases and straps shown in the supplementary pictures or mentioned in the listing. Note that we offer upgrade services to new cases or straps at a discount. Please inquire about upgrading case, shoulder straps, bass strap, bellows back pad, or bellows claps.
5. We clean all accordions thoroughly and pack them safely for transportation. Note that it is cost prohibitive for us to restore used accordions to new condition so there may be some minor signs of cosmetic wear. We are happy to provide additional pictures for a specific instrument upon request.
6. Electronic components are tested to work and any defects will be mentioned in the listing. Electronic accessories such as cables, tone generators, amps, batteries, etc are not included unless specifically mentioned in the listing.